- Any Mississippi high school student in grades 10-12 may enter.
- A student may enter one story, one essay, a maximum of three poems, and a one-act play.
- Maximum length: Short story, 2500 words; Essay, 1500 words; Poem, 50 lines each; Drama, one-act play of 4000 words.
- Only unpublished, uncopyrighted, and unpatented work will be accepted. (Exception: publication in school literary journal)
- Entry fee: $5.00 per story, essay, poetry (up to 3 poems), or play.
- Manuscripts must be typed, double-spaced (except poetry), on one side of good quality 8½ X 11 paper (computer paper acceptable).
- Entries must be received by FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2012. Manuscripts are judged by members of the Millsaps English Department. Manuscripts will not be returned.
- Teachers of winning writers will be notified the week of April 9, so they may inform their students. Winners’ work will be published on the St. Andrew’s web site.
- Separate title page must include:
a. Name, home address, and telephone number of writer (writer’s name must not appear elsewhere)
b. Name of teacher and name, telephone number and address of school presently attended by writer
c. Category entered
d. Title of entry (to be repeated on upper right-hand corner of each manuscript page). NOTE: include only one title page per group of poems by a single writer.
e. Do not staple title page to entry. Please use a paper clip.
c/o St. Andrew's Episcopal School
370 Old Agency Road
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157
If you have questions or need more information please contact Mr. Taylor Kitchings